I’m so not crafty. It just isn’t in my blood like it is for some of you. I have interests though! I like wine. I’m good at drinking it. I like it in my bloodstream. I’m totally winking at you all right now!
I’ve been struggling to decide on teacher gifts for my son’s teacher. I really love his teacher this year. I love her because he loves her. She helped us see that he needed help. I owe her a lot. I wish I could get her something fancy for Valentine’s Day, but I’m on a budget. A tight one.
The big boy and I are going to make her a gift. I know I want to decorate it with hearts. I mean what else would you use on Valentine’s Day? I thought about buying a heart stamp, but I had a vision of making one myself. I actually had a vision of making my husband do it, but he had to go grocery shopping.
I have an abundance of wine corks. See the first paragraph! I save the corks for crafts that I never do. I figured that the corks would make a good stamp. I just had to figure out how to make it work. Luckily, I did pretty well on the first try.
Here’s what I did.
1. I gathered my supplies. A wine cork, a sharpie, and a paring knife are all that you need. I spent zero dollars on this stamp!
2. I drew a heart on the cork to give me some direction as to how to cut.
3. I was worried about this next part. I wasn’t sure a knife would work, but it worked pretty well. I just cut around the heart. It was easy!
4. Here is what it looked like after I finished cutting. The whole thing took only ten minutes and now I have a pretty rad heart stamp.
5. Test it out before you use on your project. I had to go do a bit of trimming up after the first use.
Looks a little cray, huh? I did a little fine tuning and it ended up looking like this.
I am proud of myself! I’ll show you what we did with them in my next post.
I linked up here.
Are you crafty?